Invitation: Seminar in Honor of Professor Kirsi Tirri’s 60th Birthday and Academic Career
You are warmly welcome to attend the online seminar in honor of Professor Kirsi Tirri’s 60th birthday and academic career on September 2, 2021, at 13.00–17.00 (Finnish time). You can find the program below.
At the seminar, we will have the pleasure of hearing presentations by Kirsi’s colleagues, students, and friends from Finland and abroad who have contributed to a new book: “Good Teachers for Tomorrow’s Schools – Purpose, Values, and Talents in Education” published by Brill Sense (https://brill.com/view/title/60323) in the series of ”Moral Development and Citizenship Education”.
Please register for the seminar by August 30, 2021. Link to registration: https://www.lyyti.in/Kirsi_Tirrin_juhlaseminaari_3625
Seminar will be held at Siltavuorenpenger and streamed online via Zoom. Due the Corona-restrictions at the University of Helsinki, only max 25 people in total, meaning previously agreed presenters and speakers, can participate the seminar on site.
Registered participants will receive the Zoom link before the seminar.
We warmly welcome you to the seminar,
Elina Kuusisto, Martin Ubani, Petri Nokelainen and Auli Toom
Thursday September 2, 2021, at 13-17
OPENING – Auli Toom
- Faculty of Educational Sciences (5-10min)
- Finnish Academy of Science and Letters (5-10min)
- Faculty of Theology (5-10min)
“GOOD TEACHERS FOR TOMORROW’S SCHOOLS” – OVERVIEW OF THE BOOK –Editors (5-10 min)
PRESENTATIONS (á 15-20min)
Ethical and purposeful teachers and teaching
- Jukka Husu: Teachers’ Moral Authenticity: Searching for Balance between Role and Person
- Matthew Joseph: Promoting Purpose Development in Schools and Beyond: A Complex, Dynamic, Bioecological Developmental Systems Perspective
- Martin Ubani: Religious Literacy as a 21st Century Skill for All Teachers
Supporting talent development with a growth mindset
- Elina Kuusisto: Education of the Gifted and Talented in Finland
- Seokhee Cho and James Campbell: Recognition, Expectation, and Differentiation for Mathematical Talent Development of Young Gifted English Learners
- Petri Nokelainen: Reaching for Medals and Vocational Excellence? WorldSkills Competition Success in Relation to Goal Orientations and Metacognitive and Resource Management Strategies
Wiel Veugelers, Series Editor: Growth Mindset and Purpose in Critical-Democratic Citizenship Education