Welcome to the MEC 2019!
MEC (former NBE) is an informal and friendly conference which participants attend to exchange ideas and information dealing with media education, educational use of ICTs and learning environments. MEC is organized by the Centre for Media Pedagogy at the University of Lapland, Finland. In 2019 MEC will return to the familiar location in Sallatunturi, but this time during sunny springtime – the conference dates are 24 – 26 April 2019. The theme of MEC 2019 is “On the Top”. MEC 2019 also celebrates the 18th birthday of the Centre for Media Pedagogy.
Important dates and deadlines:
- Deadline for MEC 2019 abstracts – 21 January 2019
- Notification sent to authors by – 22 February 2019
- Deadline for early-bird registration – 15 March 2019
- MEC 2019 Conference – 24 – 26 April 2019
Keynote speakers will be confirmed soon. Please check the conference website for details of programme, keynotes, paper submission and registration: www.ulapland.fi/MEC2019
MEC 2019 participants are invited to submit their proposals to be considered for publication in a special issue of the Journal of Media Literacy Education (JMLE) on the theme of Media Literacy Education for All Ages. The call is open until 30 September 2018 for the MEC 2019 participants and scholars who don’t intend to attend the MEC conference.
Please forward this message to all the persons and organizations you think will be interested in the conference.
Looking forward to seeing you in April in Salla, Finland!
MEC 2019 Organizers
- Chair: Heli Ruokamo, Ph.D., Professor, Vice Dean, Director
- Päivi Rasi, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Title of Adjunct Professor
- Marjaana Kangas, Ph.D., Post-Doctoral Researcher, Title of Adjunct Professor
- Tuulikki Keskitalo, Ph.D., University Lecturer
- Hanna Vuojärvi, Ph.D., University Lecturer
- Ph.D. Candidate Satu-Maarit Frangou, Junior Researcher
- Ph.D. Candidate Sun Liping, Junior Researcher
- Marja-Leena Porsanger, Conference Coordinator, Rovaniemi-Lapland Congresses
University of Lapland
+358 40 484 4462 and +38 40 721 8260